mandag 20. februar 2012

I LOVE FOOD: LONDON DINING

During my long-weekend to London I had some AMAZING food experiences!! This was thanks to Nelleke-Karlijn and Camilla, two good friends of mine, who was the reason for my visit. So, if you are looking for some high-end dining on your next trip to London, I would definitely consider one of the below places. Just be aware, you need to book well in advance (excluding Le pain) - cause these places are busy!!

Hakkasan is a 1 star Michelin chinese restaurant situated two places in London. Mayfair and Hanway Place. It is from my view the most sensual restaurant I have ever been to. The lighting is dimmed and the restaurant is decorated with asian inspired interior. It is quality all the way - Riedel wine glasses and Alessi water glasses, beautiful asian china - you name it! The dumplings and soft shell crabs are amazing, so if you're having starters - go for them!

Hakkasan, Mayfair/Hanway Place, London

Best dumplings
Do you have a sweet tooth, and love chocolate fondue and marshmallows? Visit HIX at the Belgraves Hotel and order that for your afternoon tea. It's DEVINE! 

HIX at the Belgraves hotel London
After I landed in London, Camilla took me to this beautiful french inspired bakery Le Pain. It has great bread. If you order the basket for two, you get a good variety of their produce and also yummy spreads such as white chocolate and jams. We also ordered some prosciutto ham. YUM!

Le Pain Quotidien, London


Le Pain Quotidien, London
On Friday, we went to the newly opened restaurant of Arkady Novikov in Mayfair. It contains of one Japanese and one Italian restaurant, plus a bar in the basement. We went to the japanese one, and the food there was the best I had on the whole trip. The duck salad and black cod was to die for - truly! And the desserts, yup, there's no words to explain it... It was a culinary experience worth every penny. I would also try their lychee martini - it was soooo good!

50a Berkeley Street, Mayfair, London


Love how you can see all the fresh ingredients on display


Best Lychee Martini's



Thanks K and C for a great weekend! x

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar